I’m going to run through a list of qualities a Filipina or any woman desires from her husband. You might already have some of these qualities and they can be developed. Please subscribe to Love Beyond The Sea for anything that can help a foreigner have a great relationship with a Filipina or with any woman. This is channel for men who are serious about that, and I am not sure there are many others.
I married my wife very quickly from many thousands of miles away so I couldn’t rely on familiarity with her, I had to have a strategy to be the kind of man she wants and needs. We have what I consider a crisis of too many single people today. Developing the qualities that I will cover will ensure you are a successful husband. I will link the article in the description box. These qualities are sought after by all decent women and remember, you don’t have to be the biggest, strongest, best-looking man to be this kind of person-
1. A wise husband is kind and compassionate (12:10).
2. A wise husband is honest (29:24).
3. A wise husband is hard-working (12:11; 27:23-27).
4. A wise husband is truthful (12:17,19).
5. A wise husband exercises self-control (12:15; 16:32).
6. A wise husband has a gentle tongue (12:18; 15:1-2,4).
7. A wise husband is generous (14:21; 28:27).
8. A wise husband is willing to be corrected (even by his wife) and listens to counsel (12:15; 15:12,31-32; 28:13; 29:1).
9. A wise husband is a man of integrity (19:1; 20:7).
10. A wise husband is faithful and reliable (17:17; 29:3; contrast 25:19; 31:3).
11. A wise husband is forgiving (19:11).
12. A wise husband is willing to admit he is wrong (28:13).
13. A wise husband is humble (15:25,33; 16:18-19; 18:12; 29:23).
14. A wise husband is not contentious, but a peacemaker (17:1; 18:1,19).
15. A wise husband has control of his temper (14:29; 16:32; 17:27; 29:11).
16. A wise husband is a man who avoids excesses (20:1; 23:20-21, 29-35; 31:3-9).
17. A wise husband has a concern for others, especially the poor and the oppressed (29:7).
18. A wise husband can keep a confidence (17:9; 26:20).
19. A wise husband fears God and is obedient to His Word (13:13; 14:26; 16:20; 28:25; 31:30).
20. A wise husband is not a jealous man (27:4).
21. A The wise husband has a positive outlook on life (15:15; 17:22; 18:14).
No one is perfect but the more of these character traits you can build into your life the more likely you are to have a good and lasting marriage. Will you be the perfect husband in this lifetime? No, but when did that stop anyone from striving for excellence?
I’ll keep working on these for my love beyond the sea.