1. Her husband is responsible to make a healthy and safe culture or environment for her
2. Tell her that America may not be what she thinks it is
3. Be upfront about your concerns about becoming “Americanized”
4. Learn about and appreciate the Philippines
5. Listen to Philippine music together
6. Eat Philippine foods together
7. Watch Philippine movies together
8. Keep up with news from the Philippines
9. Don’t talk condescendingly about the Philippines
10 . Praise values that oppose “becoming Americanized”
11. Avoid being excessively frugal
12 . Have a financial plan for your futures
13 . Be a hard worker, get extra hours if possible
14 . Do activities together
15. Let her “build her nest” in your home
16. Talk with her family
17. Love her family
18. Help her grow as a person.
19. Trust her.
20. Praise her.
21. Help her find good friends
22. Help her find a job, teach her to drive
23. Don’t control her
24. Don’t be overprotective
25. Be committed to her
26. Learn to speak Filipino, at least some words or phrases
27. Treat her well
28. Respect series-How to communicate-How to love-Help with Marital Harmony, etc.
29. Consider retiring in the Philippines Engage in marriage talk Ask her “What are you thinking, feeling, believing, experiencing? Attend a marriage conference together
There is temptation out there. There is a reason people say that you shouldn’t bring your Filipina to America, that she will become “Americanized”. I think this is too one-sided. There are good reasons for her to be in America and there are things a foreigner husband can do to minimize the risk of her becoming “Americanized”.
Finding a good Filipina wife is a tremendous blessing. There is nothing better than a loving, mutually giving relationship between a man and a woman. My goal with this video has been to help encourage foreigners to consider that she isn’t guaranteed to fall victim to feminism in America. She has to have a good head on her shoulders to begin with. That’s a topic for another video. The foreign husband must protect her from certain temptations and I hope you will find this video helpful.
I am as concerned as any man about my Filipina becoming “Americanized” but have taken the initiative to see that it doesn’t happen with my Love Beyond the Sea!